The Tithe That Binds by Rory O Moore!
The e-book version of this book is available in “.pdf” form and please click the link below to download.
Play Part 1 on-line directly!
Download Part 1 MP3 file:
Play Part 2 on-line directly!
Download Part 2 MP3 file:
© 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 by GeorgeAnn Hughes
All Rights Reserved Worldwide
I would like to thank GeorgeAnn Hughes of “The Byte Show” for giving her approval to upload Rory’s interview about tithing in this blog.
Many thanks to Rory Moore, who is the author of this book for granting me permission to make this e-book available in this blog.
©2009 Rory O Moore. All Rights Reserved.
If they take Matthew 23:23/Luke 11:42 as a command for New Testament Christians to tithe here are the questions they need to answer:
1. According to the Talmud and Flavious Josephus the Jews practiced
multiple tithes (almost 3). How did the early Christians practice all 3 tithes?
2. Did the early Christians who did not own farms and cattle give 23% of their earned income to their Churches?
3. Levitical tithes were yearly and it went to Levites according to their
locations. Who are the Levites today and who were the Levites in 1st century
4. How did the “NT Levites” take the 10% of the 10% to the “NT Priests”?
5. If the NT Pastor is the priest don’t we have to tithe to the ushers, choir,
greeters and other Church staff members and let them tithe from their tithes to
the (senior) Pastor?
6. Why does the Senior Pastor collect all tithes today and give salaries to the
staff members and leave many Church workers unpaid? The OT High Priests did not
do that. The OT Aaronic Priests received only 1% of the total tithe.
7. In the OT the High Priests themselves did not tithe but why do our modern day prosperity
preachers tithe to their cohorts?
8. Regarding the festival tithe, do Christians need to go to Jerusalem to observe it as the Jews did? What is our Jerusalem now? Did the NT Christians practice pilgrimage to Jerusalem?. The festival tithe must be taken to Jerusalem. If that was prescribed to NT Christians we should make pilgrimage to Jerusalem like the Muslims visit Mecca?!?!?!
9. The 3rd tithe for poor (Charity Tithe): Why don’t tithe asking Pastors give their congregation the liberty to take care of the poor? Why would it go to the benevolent funds controlled by the Church board? Poor people need to go through hoops to get some help. That really complicates the process?
10. Even if we assume that tithing was commanded to NT Christians the pro-tithes fail to consider one important thing:
* The plurality of the NT Church leadership.
Therefore the pro-tithers still would not meet the NT model of tithing even if it was practiced by the early Christian church.
New Testament Christians Don’t Be Deceived By These Mammon Lovers!!!